Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Own Cheap Dipe

I received some fabric that I ordered from cool cloth diapers online today.  I have wanted micro-fleece that was more plush than the stuff that I got at Hancocks and I found this stuff for $6 a yard.  They call this stuff micro chamois and I think I found just what I was looking for. I also ordered some bamboo fleece to make some more inserts.  I like putting it together with microfiber for a lot of absorbency.  They are both super soft.

Then I made a simple medium sized pocket diaper. I decided to make medium instead of a one sized diaper because my baby boy is so big right now even though he is only two months old he wears a medium, but once he gets more active he will get smaller and be able to stay in the same diaper.  I also put Velcro instead of snaps because I think it may a little more convenient than snapping him up and I have never tried one.  Last but not least  I used fold over elastic for the elastic.  It was a really quick project and it cost me about $2.50 to make. Here is what it looked like when I was done.  The outside is some turquoise PUL that I purchased earlier. Now I will just have to see how it works =)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Utah
So this is a hobby turned into a habit turned into an obsession. I love cloth diapers. I love learning about them, making them, using them! I am addicted. I thought I should start a different blog from the family blog where I can gather all my information and indulge in my current addiction=)