Sunday, May 1, 2011

A lot learned

I have been so busy the last little while but I have learned quite a bit more about diaper making.
First of all I made some super trim diapers that fit my boy like a disposable.  they are just so thin and nice and they don' get wet.  I sewed them with a ruffle like elastic that was sewed into a casing.  I think that that helped prevent wicking.  I also had some cute cotton prints left over so I just sewed them on like a little appliqué.  Here's a few pics.  These are all one size, pocket diapers or medium sized diapers.  Even the one size are super trim.  They are all made out of one layer of micro-chamois and pul, polyknit elastic, and plastic snaps.  Each one was about $2.50 to make.

Here are some pictures of the turquoise:




And this is one that I made out of a diaper cut of cute robot pul:





Here is a cute white one with a giraffe on the bum:




I made a couple more in red that are not shown here but they follow the same basic pattern and have cute appliqués as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Utah
So this is a hobby turned into a habit turned into an obsession. I love cloth diapers. I love learning about them, making them, using them! I am addicted. I thought I should start a different blog from the family blog where I can gather all my information and indulge in my current addiction=)